Don’t forget the various writing contest and awards available to those attending this year’s conference in Newport Beach. The Beverly Bush Smith Aspiring Writer Award was set up to memorialize not only her but her spirit and willingness to help new writers. Therefore, it makes sense that the winner of this award would be the type of writer Beverly would have singled out to help and encourage on their writing journey. For further information about Beverly go to the OCCWF website.
Deadline to submit your entries is April 30, 2012. This award is open to all genres. Make sure you send no more than five pages of your unpublished manuscript with a cover letter and the following:
- phone number
- email address
- A brief paragraph telling us why you want to be a Christian writer and whom you wish to reach with your writing.
Even though the preferred submission method is by e-mail to Bonnie Hanson at email@example.com you can also do snail mail. Just take note of that deadline. For electronic submissions …
- Place “Writers Award” in the subject line.
- Include your personal information and brief paragraph in the body of the email (see “To be considered for this award” criteria above).
- Either cut and paste your manuscript into the body of the email or add it as an attachment.
U.S. Postal Guidelines:
- Print your writing entry and cover letter (see “To be considered for this award” criteria above).
- Must be postmarked no later than April 30, 2012 for consideration.
- Send to:Beverly Bush Smith Writer Award
3330 S. Lowell St.
Santa Ana, CA 92707
So there you have it. First prize is $300; Second prize is $100 and Third prize is $50.